**This Position Follows a Union Bidding Process**
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
About the Role:
Windstream's team of Field Service Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise, and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Field Service Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. Through providing technical expertise and customer support, our Field Service Technicians create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships. Pay up to $25.00 hr.
What You'll Do:
- Install and repair residential and business communications services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Train and work with tools and test equipment to provide service of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services that resolve their communications needs.
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle.
- Work in both inside and outside environments.
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards and regulations.
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations.
Do You Have?
- Basic technology and math skills
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275lbs
- Ability to lift to 50lbs, capable of working aloft
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours
- Ability to respond to after hour callouts
- High School Degree or GED equivalent
- Customer service or sale experience.
- Certifications or training directly related to the position.
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Participation in Windstream's benefit plans by employees in bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective bargaining agreement.
Windstream DEI&B Statement:
Connecting people in a world of infinite possibilities. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and the inclusive, equitable culture we are building fosters belonging and empowers each one of us to create amazing customer experiences.
Our Employee Resource Groups:
- WinVets - Veteran Employee Resource Group
- WOW - Women Employee Resource Group
- WINPRIDE - LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group
- WBPN - Black Professional Resource Group
- WARG - Ability Resource Group
- LaFamilia -Hispanic Resource Group